How many Christmas gifts will you get this year that you will use every day? In a related question, would anyone ever give you a new garage door opener as a gift? Add it all up and, if you want a gift that you’ll appreciate every time you drive out of or into your garage, get yourself a new garage door opener.
But, wait, your old opener is working just fine. It’s been there since you moved in. Why would you waste a perfectly good gift opportunity (especially since it’s for yourself!) on a new garage opener?
It’s a good question. If there’s one ‘problem’ with most good quality door openers, it is that they seem to last forever.
5 Reasons to Get a New Garage Door Opener Even if the Old One Still Works
Here’s why you should think about gifting yourself a new garage door opener this year.
- Safety – There are a remarkable number of 25- and 30-year-old openers still faithfully lifting and lowering garage doors. That’s great until you realize that, while they are working well, they are missing safety systems, like photo-eyes, which were not common on garage door openers until the mid-1990s.
- Your Current Door Opener Won’t Last Forever – Maybe it’s already broken down and been repaired. In any case, openers don’t last forever. And you can bet they’ll finally call it quits at the worst possible time. The clock is ticking…..
- Peace & Quiet – If you can tell when someone comes home, even when you’re in the basement, your garage door opener is too noisy. You might not realize the ruckus your opener causes until you hear (or not) the quiet operation of a new one.
- Battery Backups – If you’re still opening and closing the garage door manually every time the power goes out, get a new opener. Battery backups can give you as many as 10 open/close cycles when the power’s out.
- Get Connected – Just like about everything else in your house, garage door openers have joined the list of appliance you can control from your smartphone. Except, compared to finding out that your clothes are now dry, it’s actually quite useful to learn that your door has just been opened by someone and you’re not home.
If you’d like to learn more about why you should get a new garage door opener for yourself this year, contact Whitby Garage Doors today.